[Samba] Debian Stretch Samba packages 4.6.16/4.7.9/4.8.4 (amd64/i386) available

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Aug 24 11:56:12 UTC 2018

Hai Guys,

The Debian Stretch packages are now also available in the repos.
Im working on the samba 4.8.5 also.

I have also restructured the repo setup a bit, so package re-use is better which saved me some time.
You choose the samba you want to run and you stay at that version until you change the repo.

The site info isnt updated yet with this, i'll do that after i finish up with the debian stretch packages.
For now the Debian stretch packages and available are amd64/i386 and sources.

Import my key:  wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add -

samba 4.6.  :   echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian stretch-samba46 main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list
package list: http://apt.van-belle.nl/current-packages-in-stretch-samba46-apt.txt

samba 4.7.  :   echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian stretch-samba47 main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list
package list: http://apt.van-belle.nl/current-packages-in-stretch-samba47-apt.txt

samba 4.8.  :   echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian stretch-samba47 main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list
package list: http://apt.van-belle.nl/current-packages-in-stretch-samba48-apt.txt

Build logs and .changes can be found here:
http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Buildlogs/stretch/

If extra packages are needed for the install, you need to use apt-get dist-upgrade of use apt-get install (packages list)

If upgrade from a 4.5/4.6 to higher, i do advice to read :
http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Upgrade-info.txt

PLEASE NOTE!
THE OLDER REPO NAMES WONT GET THE UPDATE, YOU MUCH CHANGE THIS ONE TIME. (sorry for that)

Repo names changes overview for apt.van-belle.nl.
samba 4.5.12 bpo from stretch, EOL.  Not supported anymore.  oldrepo name : jessie-backports
samba 4.5.16 from samba.org, experimentally patched the the latest 2 CVE from Debian samba 4.5.12.
repo name : jessie-samba45    but advice to not use them. 4.5 is End of Life.
Note on the 4.5.16, yes i've builded them but please really, upgrade to a supported samba version.
Note2: Test these before you put them in production please but again use one of the supported packages.
Note3, Again TEST THEM, i did not have much time to test these myself, the look ok to me.

Debian Jessie
samba 4.6.16, oldrepo name : unstable, new repo name : jessie-samba46
samba 4.7.9, oldrepo name : not existing, new repo name : jessie-samba47

samba 4.8.4, oldrepo name : not existing, new repo name : jessie-samba48

Debian Stretch
samba 4.6.16, oldrepo name : stretch, new repo name : stretch-samba46
samba 4.7.9, oldrepo name : stretch-unable, new repo name : stretch-samba47

samba 4.8.4, oldrepo name : not existing, new repo name : stretch-samba48

samba 4.9, is being prepaired for RC3/RC4 and these wil go into .. you get it..   stretch-samba49 ! But only when its not RC any more.
I'll post the "experimental name when its ready.

If you find tips, problem etc, post it to the samba list, im there.

Happy Samba-ing...

Greetz,

Louis