[Samba] explorer.exe crashes on security tab access

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Aug 16 16:48:16 UTC 2018

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 18:14:50 +0200
Kacper Wirski via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> As I said, I haven't got time to look at what's really happening,
> just that sometimes windows 10 + some file = security tab just
> closes/crashes instantly and clearly there is a long SID that's not
> like anything I recognize, might be well known SID (not well known
> enough though I'd say, as it's unresolved ;) ). I'm not sure if my
> experiences are related to those of OP, maybe it's completely
> different issue.
>
> I will try to reproduce this error and get some more informations to
> back it up. Also I'm pretty sure that a few weeks ago there was also
> a post on this mailing list related to windows 10 + security tab
> issues, but I can't find it right now. Maybe it's all related :).

It was way back in March:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2018-March/214589.html

and the OP referred to it in their first post

I think we need to see similar info to what I posted:

ls -la on the file/folder
getfacl on the file/folder
smb.conf

I have tested on win10 1511 and no problem, now trying to update to
1803.

Rowland