[Samba] LDAP SSL

Praveen Ghimire PGhimire at sundata.com.au
Fri Aug 10 02:21:43 UTC 2018

Hi Rowland,

Fair comment. This is not a new domain and we are migrating to AD.

The box in question runs Samba 3.6 (PDC and a physical box) and as such we are not able to directly migrate it.  We are adding a Samba 4 box (a VM) , to which will become the new PDC . This box will then be used to migrate to AD. The Samba 3 box will converted as a file server.

The confusion in smb.conf is possibly because of the above. We can remove the connection to LDAP via smb.conf if that helps?

We couldn't use winbind because of the bug whereby winbind doesn't enumerate users in a Unix domain member. Hence we had to use libnss_ldap

Regards,

Praveen Ghimire