[Samba] Failed to modify SPNs

Henry Jensen hjensen at mailbox.org
Thu Aug 9 08:05:03 UTC 2018

On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 17:55:27 +0200
Henry Jensen via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> > The error message seems to be trying to set the SPN in uppercase, you
> > added it in lowercase. Try deleting the lowercase SPN
> > 'TERMSRV/db1.mydom' and then add it again but all in uppercase.
>
> All right, I did so. Then I established a RDP session to db1 in order
> to trigger the message. So far, it didn't appear again. Thank you very
> much, Rowland.

I'm sorry, but the issue seems not to be solved after all. Today the error message appeared again.

dc1 samba[742]: Failed to modify SPNs on CN=ts5,CN=Computers,DC=mydom,DC=lan: acl: spn validation failed for spn[TERMSRV/TS5.MYDOM] uac[0x1000] account[ts5$] hostname[(null)] nbname[MYDOM] ntds[(null)] forest[mydom.lan] domain[mydom.lan]

~#  samba-tool spn list ts5$
ts5$
User CN=ts5,CN=Computers,DC=mydom,DC=lan has the following servicePrincipalName:
         TERMSRV/TS5
         TERMSRV/TS5.MYDOM
         TERMSRV/TS5.MYDOM.LAN