[Samba] Access by share name

Carlos carlos.hollow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 14:28:04 UTC 2018

Hi!

Thanks again.

==========

*Yes, but what specific name ? is it the machines short hostname (netbios
name) or what ?*

IP A: 192.168.200.1 (DNS: Fileserver1.XXXXX.XXX.XXX) -> Master

IP B: 192.168.200.2 (DNS: FIleserve2.XXX.XXX.XXX) -> Slave

IP C:192.168.200.10 -> (DNS: Fileserve.XXX.XXX.XXXX) -> Heartbeat -> IP
that stays with master server , when UP, if down IP "junp" for next
serve, and go back server UP.

My problem is:

Acess  Server 1(200.1)

Access share  name Fileserver1.XXXX.XXXX.XXX: OK

Access share name Fileserver.XXXX.XXXX.XXX: OK

Access share IP 192.168.200.1: OK

Access share IP 192.168.200.10: OK(Ip stay server because UP)

---

Access Server 2(200.2)

Access share name Fileserver2.XXXX.XXXX.XXX: OK

Access share name Fileserver.XXXX.XXXX.XXX: NO (Popup appears requesting
domain authentication)

Access share IP 192.168.200.2: OK

Access share IP 192.168.200.10: OK(Ip stay server because server 1 is DOWN )

==========
*
*

*Yes, it may be coming from Samba, but only because Samba doesn't know
who the user is and this may be down to the glusterfs configuration.
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your smb.conf, so I would
start with Glusterfs.*

But everything works when acces with IP(dont receive popu with access by
IP) some Fileserver.XXXX.XXXX.XXX(IP Heartebeat)

Regards;