[Samba] Setting up new samba-ac-dc on Ubuntu 18.04 - KDC not FOUND

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Aug 6 07:06:58 UTC 2018

Hai,

> Define *better*.
> AFAICT, using Samba's internal DNS works fine with multple
> DC's. But perhaps I've missed something.

Bind, its just more mature, much more flexible.
For example, what i did here for our company network. The this setup.
DC1=DNS1
DC2=DNS2

Proxy1/2=dns3/4 (caching and forwarding) and available for client in the network as a read only dns. ( can be slave zone also )
Mailrelay1 about the same a slave zone of my primary and caching setup but not available for client in the network, only running on localhost.
Can you create a "blacklist" zone in samba dns, maybe it can, mabye not, never looked that up if that exists/is possible with samba dns.
It can with bind. These things make me use bind dns.

The dns on the proxy, has a forwaring zone to my internal side, and a forwaring for the external side.
And this in a caching setup, it offloads the DNS1/2, DNS1/2 dont support DNSSEC, the proxy DNS does.
DC DNS does not support ipv6 requests, the proxy does.

Try this with samba internal dns, you here is a bit you difference by example.
Now, dont get me wrong, internal DNS is for most people sufficient, i just like to be flexible.
Ok, and now, i must do some work first here. ;-)

Greetz,

Louis