[Samba] Can't write to a samba share mounted as an AD user

pisymbol pisymbol at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:46:56 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 1:55 PM, Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 13:16:26 -0400
> pisymbol via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 1:11 PM, Eric Altman via samba
> > <samba at lists.samba.org
> > > wrote:
> >

> > > It’s just that the mount has read-only access despite the file
> > > ownership and modes being set to give full read-write?
> > >

> > That is almost correct (I can create empty files via touch) which has
> > me baffled.
> >
> > -aps (Alex)
>
> You do not have any lines like this in your smb.conf:
>
>     winbind nss info = rfc2307
>     idmap config *:backend = tdb
>     idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
>     idmap config SAMDOM : backend = rid
>     idmap config SAMDOM : schema_mode = rfc2307
>     idmap config SAMDOM : range = 10000-999999

I added these lines (changed SAMDOM accordingly).

That helped but didn't fix the problem. But I do see users and domains.

[admin at outerdrive Public]# getfacl .
# file: .
# owner: admin
# group: administrators
user::rwx
user:admin:rwx
user:guest:---
group::rwx
group:everyone:r-x
group:SAMDOM\domain\040users\040changed:rwx
group:SAMDOM\users:rwx
mask::rwx
other::rwx
default:user::rwx
default:user:admin:rwx
default:user:guest:---
default:group::rwx
default:group:everyone:r-x
default:group:SAMDOM\domain\040users\040changed:rwx
default:group:SAMDOM\users:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

The 'domain users changed' is a real thing and no I am not responsible for
it.

I am mounting as a user who is in both 'SAMDOM\users' and 'SAMDOM\domain
users changed' etc using SMB 2.1.

But I still can't write a darn file....

-aps