[Samba] Can't write to a samba share mounted as an AD user

Eric Altman eric at lumaforge.com
Thu Aug 2 17:38:25 UTC 2018

Are the default ACLs set on the share in question? 'getfacl .’ In the root of the share.

Sounds like files are being created by a user with the proper permissions but then are being assigned permissions as part of the creation process that denies write access.

Also, I don’t know what qnap_macea does exactly… the ‘ea’ strikes me as obviously handling extended attributes. I’m used to stacking ‘vfs_fruit’ into ‘vfs_streams_xattr’ instead.

I’ve also found streams_depot to be incredibly buggy with permissions in the past. Can you check to see that the ‘shareroot/.streams’ exists and has not been over-written with the same permissions as the smb users for the share?

I’m sure there is more. That is a very complex smb.conf

-E