[Samba] Louis' Debian install notes

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Thu Aug 2 16:03:09 UTC 2018

+1 Me too.
...Since RP and Louis have convinced me I need to at least try a debian setup! :)

RWvs> Louis,

RWvs> Prior to your move over to github I had found a text file of your notes
RWvs> about installing your Samba4 packages on Debian. Basically it was notes
RWvs> about install the required programs from Debian repos and add my (Louis')
RWvs> repository and now install latest samba packages.

RWvs> Yes, I see notes floating around about install onto Ubuntu 18.04LTS but, I
RWvs> am looking for those older Debian notes you use to have "out there"
RWvs> somewhere.

RWvs> Did they get lost in the move? Or have I simply overlooked them on the
RWvs> github site?

RWvs> Thank you.

RWvs> Bob Wooden