[Samba] samba-tool dbcheck "Indexed and full searches both failed"

Denis Morejon denis.morejon at etecsa.cu
Wed Aug 1 16:17:03 UTC 2018

Rowland thank you very much! The procedure you gave me was ok:

1- Seize the all roles to dc2

2- Demote dc1

3- change hostname of dc1

4- Clean samba files of dc1: mv /usr/local/samba /usr/local/samba-old

5- Install samba on dc1: make install

6- Join to the domain (Using dns ip of dc2)

7- Fix any samba db problem (samba-tool dbcheck --fix) (Both dc ok and
with the same number of objects)

Almost everything was right but the relationship between Linux
workstations and the domain. So I had to

re-join almost each linux pc to the domain using this command:

/opt/pbis/bin/domainjoin-cli join ...

This is not the first time it happends to me. I mean...the lost of
relationship. Last year I had to

restore both the virtual machines, dc1 and dc2, with a backup done a
month before at the same time. In this case I lost the relationship too!

I found a Windows group policy to delay the exchange of pc account
passwords for a year or two, So that I could restore samba DCs anytime.

I wonder if there is a method to prevent the expiration of the pc
account delaying the exchange of pc account passwords ????