[Samba] Samba share migration - looking for advices
eguigne at pasteur-cayenne.fr
Wed Aug 1 12:39:34 UTC 2018
I plan to change an old samba share (SMB1) configured on an Samba PDC
"old NT4 Style" server.
For that plan, I choose to migrate domain from the old NT4 domain to on
Microsoft Active Directory (Windows 2012 R2) set with posix attributes
rfc2307, and then change the old Samba share with a new linux box
(centos 7) with winbind, sssd configured against Microsoft AD.
At this occasion, I hope to upgrade from SMB1 to SMB2 or above.
I imagine to do the following :
1. Change domain for all workstation from old NT4 to new Microsoft AD
(but keep user access to old SMB1 Samba share via windows server login
2. Configured a new linux box against AD (centos 7, I am used with this
3. Copy all datas from old share to new share (common share + homedir).
4. Copy / Synchronize acls from old share with getfacl, and set acls on
new share with setfacl.
5. Change windows server login scripts to enable new samba share on user
session instead of old SMB1 share.
I appreciate any advices for theses steps of migration, because I never
did it before.
Is there tools or methods to copy/synchronize datas between old SMB1
share to new share ? And get/set acls on files ?
More information about the samba