[Samba] samba4 ticket server cifs/ not found in keytab

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Apr 26 14:39:46 UTC 2018

> On 2018-04-26 09:48, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> > Hai,
> >
> >> From your smb.
> >>          realm = AD.INTERNALTWO.COM
> >>          netbios name = nas1dev-rhel7
> >>          server string = nas1dev-rhel7
> >
> > Is i expect
> > cifs/nas1dev-rhel7.ad.yourPrimaryDomain.tld at AD.INTERNALTWO.COM
> > Check you hosts file and resolve.conf
> >
> > Like in what is the output of :
> > hostname -I and hostname -A
> >
> the AD.INTERNALONE.COM is appended somehow when accessing
> AD.INTERNALTWO.COM from the AD.INTERNALONE.COM domain -- then CIFS
> ticket error occurs.  the actual hostname of the samba server is
> nas1dev-rhel7.

The actual hostname is the output of hostname -s
The primary dns domain is the output of hostname -d
The hostname you should use, is the output of hostname -f
Your kerberos domain is != hostname -d

hostname -A and hostname -I  shows all ipadress and hostname/aliasses.

The resolving order matters a lot in resolv.conf

And your krb5.conf has problely something like this.
[libdefaults]
    default_realm = AD.INTERNALONE.COM

Thats where the kerberos domain is ( the added part ) is comming from.

But! I dont know lot about RH/Centos, so correct me here if im wrong here.

Greetz,

Louis