[Samba] samba4 ticket server cifs/ not found in keytab

Thu Apr 26 14:17:30 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-26 09:59, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:

> I think you need to read this wiki page:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member

I wont argue you that, I inherited this config and only know enough
about samba to be dangerous ;)

> Finally, the error message is telling you that 'nas1dev.external.com'
> needs an SPN and this also needs to be in /etc/krb5.keytab

What I want to understand it why I need this SPN when accessing this
host from windows client in another domain, but when I access from IP or
from Linux to DNS this isn't an issue.  Also I am not sure how i add a
SPN for a domain it is not a member of (in this case AD.INTERNALONE).
He is a member of AD.INTERNALTWO.

Thanks for the feedback

- Richie