[Samba] Unable to join Windows 2008 R2 server DC to Samba DC

Justin Foreman jforeman at dignitastechnologies.com
Wed Apr 25 15:43:07 UTC 2018

I have identified and fixed the problem!

The wellKnownObject for the default computer container was missing! I’m wondering if this was a bug from an old version of Samba, as we provisioned the domain with Samba 4.0.3.

I used ldbedit to manually modify the directory and add CN=Computers as the wellKnownObject default computer container. Windows 2008 R2 now joins successfully.

Thanks,
Justin