[Samba] Samba 4 - ISO-8859-15 filenames not listed while browsing

Ali SIMON alouch47 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 13:31:50 UTC 2018

Thanks Jeremy,

i'm analyzing this with the application team, we'll see what we can find.

> I was hoping to find a way for the samba4 server to behave like samba3 (as
> in ignoring bad characters and replacing them with an underscore
> character), which in the end resulted in the best compromise.

In the meantime, do you have any idea why there is difference between the
two version ?
Samba 3 was configured with the default "unix charset = utf-8" and it was
kind of working, so I'm wondering if this was a "bug" or something ?

Is there any way I can make it behave like before and "silently" ignore bad
charset ?

Regards