[Samba] Password change

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Tue Apr 24 14:01:36 UTC 2018

Mandi! Robin G via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> We are getting the following error when the users are trying to change the
> password from their windows machine: "Configuration information could not
> be read from the domain controller, either machine is unavailable or access
> is denied"

Meetoo.

Also, is a bit ''misleading'' error, because actually the password
change happen, users can simply ignore that error, press 'Esc' to
return to logon page, and logon (with new password).

All started while Microsoft emit the update that temporarly broke
something in 'NT-like' domains (password changes for some month does
not work), AFAI remember well in fall 2016.

Then, fixed that, but still this error sometime pop up.

If someone can fix it...