[Samba] re: access domain via ldap failed

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Apr 20 10:40:30 UTC 2018

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 17:14:03 +0800
"ryanyang51 at 163.com" <ryanyang51 at 163.com> wrote:

> But the program works well with samba4.5.x. In fact I think it's the
> compile progress or the rpm has something wrong. So I want to know if
> my configure option or build option is not right. Although they are
> right for 4.5.x.

I downloaded adexplorer to a win10 machine and ran it.

Entered the following info:

   Connect to --> dc4.samdom.example.com
   User       --> Adminisrator
   Password   --> xxxxxxxxxx

Clicked on OK and I got a warning 'The directory service is unavailable'

I Changed the User to 'samdom\Adminisrator'

Clicked OK again and it now works.

So it looks like something has changed and you need to update your C#
program.

Rowland