[Samba] samba4 auth (ldap) starnge problem

Dr. Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Fri Apr 20 08:23:37 UTC 2018

Hi,

we have updated our samba4 AD a few weeks ago from 4.4.latest ->
4.5.latest using the sernet packages.

We are using open-xchange(OX) as web-mail. The ox is using ldap to
authenticate the users.

It is still working, but only for users created BEFORE we did the
update. All new users can not login!

 From the log file we only get an:

     ERROR: No user found with sAMAccountName=USERNAME

but ldapsearch is working for sAMAccountName=USERNAME.

It might be more an open-xchange issue, but may be someone had a similar
problem.

Can I use tcpdump between the OX-Server and our SAMBA4 server to see the
difference between an old and a new user ?

--
Bye,
     Peer

Max-Planck-Institut für Biogeochemie
Dr. Peer-Joachim Koch
Hans-Knöll Str.10            Telefon: ++49 3641 57-6705
D-07745 Jena                 Telefax: ++49 3641 57-7705