[Samba] access domain via ldap failed

Ryan ryanyang51 at 163.com
Thu Apr 19 15:08:34 UTC 2018

Hi, Rowland,

I wanted to access the samba using an administrator account to query some info about the domain or the domain user, such as the sid of a computer in the domain.

At first I thought the problem was the ldap configuration. But it seems not such simple. Today I find that joining the domain also has problem. When I try to join a Windows 7 machine into the domain with samba 4.8.0, it takes a long time before it tells me join succeed. And then a tip come out: Changing the primary domain dns name of this computer to "" failed. The name will remain "abc.local". The error was: The rpc server is unavailable.

Now I’m afraid that my rpms have problem. Could you help find if there is any error in my spec file?

Thanks,

RyanYang