[Samba] access domain via ldap failed

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Apr 19 15:23:22 UTC 2018

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 23:08:34 +0800 (CST)
Ryan  <ryanyang51 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi, Rowland,
>
> I wanted to access the samba using an administrator account to query
> some info about the domain or the domain user, such as the sid of a
> computer in the domain.
>
> At first I thought the problem was the ldap configuration. But it
> seems not such simple. Today I find that joining the domain also has
> problem. When I try to join a Windows 7 machine into the domain with
> samba 4.8.0, it takes a long time before it tells me join succeed.
> And then a tip come out: Changing the primary domain dns name of this
> computer to "" failed. The name will remain "abc.local". The error
> was: The rpc server is unavailable.
>
> Now I’m afraid that my rpms have problem. Could you help find if
> there is any error in my spec file?

Er, which bit of 'You don't want to use 4.8.0 , there is a problem with
this version' did you not understand ??
Back track to a version that is known to work and see if this fixes
your problem.

I cannot help with your rpm spec file, I do not use any red-hat
versions of Linux

Rowland