[Samba] Wing's repo, rpms & upgrades

Kris Lou klou at themusiclink.net
Wed Apr 18 16:15:24 UTC 2018

Regarding the wing repo:
http://wing-repo.net/
http://wingse.blog57.fc2.com/  <-- (get your Google Translate ready)
http://wingse.blog57.fc2.com/blog-entry-383.html (Samba 4.7 Extras
instructions)

One thing to consider upon upgrades is the naming conventions used -- it is
possible to install samba46 and samba47 side by side, though they probably
point to the same binaries (but don't share libraries, I don't think).  So
that might play some games with the rpm database, but I'm not sure what
else.  Point is, don't take the in-place upgrade for granted (though you
can certainly contact the repo owner for tips).

Kris Lou
klou at themusiclink.net