[Samba] Update from el7.4 to el7.5 broke samba 4.6.14

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Wed Apr 18 13:42:44 UTC 2018

Hi Rowland,
Yes, I noticed that el7.5 had samba 4.7.1. Unfortunately, one cannot use
that version as an AD DC. Here's the situation:

# rpm -ql samba-dc
/usr/share/doc/samba-dc-4.7.1
/usr/share/doc/samba-dc-4.7.1/README.dc

(and it mentions that because of MIT kerberos the samba AD DC features
cannot be enabled on el7 at this moment).

Perhaps the best way forward would be to rebuild samba-4.7.7 from src.rpm
(from Wing's repo) and try to make use of the libs provided on el7.5.

Vincent