[Samba] Update from el7.4 to el7.5 broke samba 4.6.14

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Tue Apr 17 23:01:24 UTC 2018

Hi all,
After upgrading my first Samba AD DC from el7.4 to el7.5, I had the pain
of being greeted with a non-fonctional Samba. When I used samba-tool, I
was greeted with that message:

root at dc00 ~]# samba-tool dbcheck
ldb: module version mismatch in ../source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/acl.c :
ldb_version=1.2.2 module_version=1.1.29
ldb: failed to initialise module /usr/lib64/samba/ldb/acl.so : Unavailable
WARNING: Module [samba_dsdb] not found - do you need to set
LDB_MODULES_PATH?
Unable to load modules for tdb:///var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb: (null)
ERROR: Failed to connect to DB at None.  If this is a really old sam.ldb
(before alpha9), then try again with --force-modules

What's the solution here? Rebuild the RPMS? stay on el7.4 until a new rpm
is released from Wing's repo?

Any hints welcomed,

Thank you,

Vincent