[Samba] access domain via ldap failed

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Apr 16 08:23:40 UTC 2018

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 09:58:35 +0800 (CST)
Ryan via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> Recently I try to build a domain with samba as the domain controller.
> It’s the samba 4.8.0. After I’ve built and install it on my Linux, I
> try to test it via Ldap connection. But it remains me that the server
> is not operational. I used samba 4.5.16 before, and it works well. Is
> there any difference between samba 4.8.0 and 4.5.x about samba access
> or Ldap setting especially.

Whilst there have been some ldap changes, these have been improvments
and shouldn't affect connecting with ldap.

You say you 'built' Samba 4.8.0 and then installed it on your DC, I
take it you mean that you upgraded your original 4.5.16 DC to 4.8.0.
If this is the case, you will need to run 'sambaundoguididx' and then
revert to an earlier version of Samba. To put it bluntly, upgrading to
4.8.0 doesn't seem to work and as such, shouldn't be done, wait for the
fix that is coming in 4.8.1

Rowland