[Samba] Issues post AD migration

Praveen Ghimire PGhimire at sundata.com.au
Fri Apr 13 11:50:55 UTC 2018

Hi Rowland,

The group was in /etc/group and LDAP. Post the AD migration, the group didn’t show up in AD. We then added the group in AD, will check if it has a gid number.
If AD doesn’t have gid, can I remove the group /etc/group and assign it the same gid in AD?

The group in question was one of many which had the same issue, hence the question about importing missed groups in AD

Regards,

Praveen Ghimire