[Samba] Issues post AD migration

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Apr 13 11:24:09 UTC 2018

On Fri, 13 Apr 2018 09:56:34 +0000
Praveen Ghimire <PGhimire at sundata.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
> The issue seems to be due to the groups who decided not to show up in
> AD. Strangely, even when we added the group with the same name in the
> AD, it didn't resolv the issue.  Even though smb.conf dictates that
> the user have to a member of a group with that name. Using getent
> group,  we can see the group.  Does Samba hold on to the SID of the
> group somehow?
>
> Is there a way to get those lost groups in AD;)

Not sure I fully understand what you are saying here, Are you saying
that you have a group in /etc/group but not in AD and you have now
added this group to AD ?

If so, delete the group in /etc/group and ensure the group in AD has a
gidNumber.

You will probably have to run 'net cache flush' after making the
changes.

Rowland