[Samba] I need Help

David Disseldorp ddiss at samba.org
Mon Apr 9 13:47:18 UTC 2018

Hi Luiz,

On Mon, 9 Apr 2018 10:13:56 -0300, Luiz Guilherme Nunes Fernandes via samba wrote:

> My problem.
>
> Example:
> - I add a printer in Cups Software.
> - When I need to access the share i dont find printer, i need first restart
> smb service.
>
> Well, i need update automatic printer in samba without restart service.
> This is possible?

Yes. Samba periodically polls CUPS for its printer inventory. The
frequency of this process is controlled by the "printcap cache time"
smb.conf setting, which defaults to a period of 750 (12.5 minutes).

"smbcontrol smbd reload-printers" can also be used to manually trigger a
reload of the printer inventory.

Cheers, David