[Samba] FW: LDAP getent issues

Praveen Ghimire PGhimire at sundata.com.au
Sun Apr 8 10:39:41 UTC 2018

Hi Rowland,

If we need to shut the NT4 PDC down after the migration it makes a lot of sense to separate the roles of the existing NT4 PDC. Hence why we are adding a new Samba box with a view that it becomes the PDC and the existing PDC become a member server. The main reasons is that it has a lot of files which cannot be moved easily.

So the question is with the new PDC we stick with TDB? Separate the roles, migrate to AD and shut the PDC down. Then join the member server to AD.

Sorry about the confusion.

Regards,

Praveen Ghimire