[Samba] FW: LDAP getent issues

Praveen Ghimire PGhimire at sundata.com.au
Sun Apr 8 09:05:46 UTC 2018

Hi Rowland,

I have gone through that link a few times and have done both the  TDB to AD and also LDAP to AD migration a few times.

The AD migration is the second stage.

Let me explain the situation.  The Production server is a Samba 3 box which acts as the DC (TDB) and file share. We decided to to add a Samba 4 box to that classic domain and make it a PDC.  Having gone through various documents , which suggested to not use TDB for a PDC BDC setup, we are looking at using LDAP.  The plan is to make the old PDC a member server as it still has all the files.

The adding new box and making it a PDC using LDAP works. Authentication of the users who were in TDB works too. The issue is any newly created users in LDAP. Hence the question.

Regards,

Praveen Ghimire