[Samba] FW: LDAP getent issues

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Apr 8 08:15:24 UTC 2018

On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 05:55:18 +0000
Praveen Ghimire via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've gone through the following link about member server and also the
> samba 3 by example and can confirm that nsdc is not enabled.
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member
>

> We are having some issues with LDAP authentication. Here is  our setup
>

> Any suggestions?

Hi, I take it you missed my post yesterday, where I agreed with you that
using winbind on a Unix domain member doesn't work for users.

You seem to have two options here, file a bug report about the problem
and then wait to see if it gets fixed, or do the sensible thing and
upgrade to an AD domain.

Rowland