[Samba] User idmap lost
Paul R. Ganci
ganci at nurdog.com
Sat Apr 7 18:01:43 UTC 2018
On 04/06/2018 02:54 AM, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
>> I think you are running into this bug:
Thanks Rowland. This bug was indeed the problem. I am not sure why it
decided to rear its ugly head now but it did.
It turns out my account was immune to it because when I switched over
from the RID to AD backend I had made my uidNumber the same as the
xidNumber. However my wife's account's uidNumber was my uidNumber +1.
But that was not the xidNumber in the idmap.ldb. I removed the offending
idmap.ldb entries, changed uidNumbers to something more reasonable and
then ran chown to repossess our user directories & files. Everything is
working like it is supposed to now.
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)
More information about the samba