[Samba] Operation Not Supported error for GETXATTR when VFS plugin "nfs4acl_xattr" is used

Akash Jain akash.jain110683 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 08:14:50 UTC 2018

Hi All

I found there is one bug in the plugin. The name of the attribute for ACL
as per strace output of nfs4_setfacl is *system.nfs4_acl.*
The source code has defined it as
#define NFS4ACL_XATTR_NAME      ( "system.nfs4acl" )

Note there is missing underscore.

After this, the EOPNOTSUPP error is not observed.

Hope this helps

Akash