[Samba] domain member server: change distro

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Apr 5 09:27:15 UTC 2018

Am 2018-04-05 um 11:19 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:

> If you are going to do this, use Louis's repo, it will get you a pretty
> much up-to-date version of Samba (4.7.6)

Yes, sure, I do so on the 2 DCs there and will also use that on the DM.

> Provided that the server in question is a Unix domain member, all you
> need is the smb.conf, it might be an idea to post it here.

see below.

Some comments can be removed already, and the high log levels as well,
sooner or later.

thanks

->

[global]
	security = ADS
	workgroup = ARBEITSGRUPPE
	realm = arbeitsgruppe.my-tld.at
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	#log level = 5

	log level = 5 auth:5 winbind:8

	idmap config * : backend = tdb
	idmap config * : range = 2000-3999

	idmap config ARBEITSGRUPPE:backend = ad
	idmap config ARBEITSGRUPPE:range = 10000-9999999

	# until 4.6.0
	#idmap config ARBEITSGRUPPE:schema_mode = rfc2307
	#winbind nss info = rfc2307
	# new parameter:
	idmap config ARBEITSGRUPPE:unix_nss_info = yes

	username map = /etc/samba/user.map

	winbind use default domain = Yes
	winbind refresh tickets = Yes

	load printers = No