[Samba] Problems after failed Upgrade to Samba 4.8.0 from 4.7.5

Dirk Laurenz samba at laurenz.ws
Wed Apr 4 12:23:47 UTC 2018

Checked DNS Names and guid entries. ok

Von: Dirk Laurenz <samba at laurenz.ws>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. April 2018 13:54
An: 'samba at lists.samba.org' <samba at lists.samba.org>
Betreff: Problems after failed Upgrade to Samba 4.8.0 from 4.7.5

Hello $List,

i have a strange Problem:

I have a 3 DC Setup running with 4.7.5. All DCs are Raspberry PI's.

The setup was running fine, after i tried to upgrade to 4.8.0. I reverted to
4.7.5 and have now this error:

UpdateRefs failed with WERR_DS_DRA_ACCESS_DENIED/NT code 0xc0002105 for
63f4e656-6590-4c1d-a362-c3b97b5e464d._msdcs.local.laurenz.ws
CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=local,DC=laurenz,DC=ws

No Matter which DNS Backend - i prefer bind by the way..

What happend in Detail:

Compiled 4.8.0 and created a deb package

Installed this deb package on DC3 (Hostname samba03)

Starting Samba 4.8.0 on that DC and all tools (samba-tool) for example fail
with complaining about to less memory

Deinstalled samba 4.8.0 and installed 4.7.5

Run source4/scripting/bin/sambaundoguididx on DC3
Start Samba 4.7.5

After that the above error occurs..

Then demote and rejoin
Then demote and remove dead dc running on DC1 then join
Then demote and delete all db-files and rejoin
Then demote and delete all db-files and rejoin - with dns_backend=BIND_DLZ
Then demote and delete all db-files and remove dead dc running on DC1 and
rejoin - with dns_backend=BIND_DLZ

Setting replication Issues via Active Directory Sites and Trusts.

DC1,2 are in Site A, DC3 in Site B

The mentioned failure still exists.

I have no idea any more.