[Samba] Samba file indexing for windows workstations

Wed Apr 4 00:05:31 UTC 2018

Is there any support in samba for indexing of file searches by windows 7
workstations?

Running a file server for an office and the secretaries keep asking me
why searching in the win7 file manager does not work. Searching online I
see some saying to turn on "offline mode" in windows for the share but
storing 100 + gigs of data on each workstation (as I have read) does not
really make sense to me.

Perhaps if its not supported in samba there might be an alternate work
around?

jdegraw