[Samba] Share users across domains

Rodrigo Abrantes Antunes rodrigoantunes at pelotas.ifsul.edu.br
Mon Apr 2 14:15:40 UTC 2018

  I know these systems work with AD, the problem is the migration, I
don't think is easy to migrate 5000 accounts from current systems to
new systems. I will need to learn the sintaxes of all these new
systems and this would take huge time because I know nothing of
samba4, or AD, or dovecot, or kerberos and the boss whants the emails
for students for next month. We don't plan to change cyrus/postfix and
horde, whats the problem with them? I already tried kopano and the
users hated it. And like I said there are a lot of internal
administrative systems that were programmed (not by me) to work with
ldap only, including some that are not opensource. A while ago I did
research on how to migrate my current domain to samba4 and from what I
understand it would be almost impossible or too difficult for my
scenario

--
Rodrigo Abrantes Antunes
Instituto Federal Sul-rio-grandense