[Samba] Replication taking time

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Mon Apr 2 12:25:37 UTC 2018

Hi,

We have 4 Domain Controllers (2 in Bangalore and 2 in place that is 350
KM away from Bangalore, connected by a 200 Mbps Point-To-Point link) in
our setup. Off late I am finding that the data replication is taking
time (about 3 - 4 minutes). I did run samba-tool dbcheck command on all
4 servers and it did not return any errors. It is also noticed that the
synchronization between the servers within same location and same LAN
segment is also taking around 3 - 4 minutes.

Any suggestions to get over this small issue?

Samba AD Version 4.7.5 on CentOS 7.4. We are using BIND DNS Back end. DB
Size is around 560 MB.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava