[Samba] Using ldbsearch on configuration partition.

lingpanda101 lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 13:31:28 UTC 2017

Hello,

     I'm trying to search for the following but believe my syntax may
not be correct.

Search the Configuration partition for any object where the Common Name
contains "CNF:" and the object class is nTDSDSA.

I'm using: ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
'(&(ObjectClass=nTDSDSA)(CN=CNF*))'

Is this correct? I also tried

ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
'CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local(&(ObjectClass=nTDSDSA)(CN=CNF*))'

I'm not receiving any results so I want to confirm my syntax. Thanks.

James