[Samba] Multiple DC haven't HA on Windows

Daniel Carrasco d.carrasco at i2tic.com
Wed Sep 27 15:05:31 UTC 2017

Hello, thanks for your response.

I'm using samba_internal as DNS because I don't want to add bind to only
relay the internal DNS.

The hosts file is clean on srv2 DC (default localhost), and this is the
srv1 hosts:
192.168.0.251    srv1.domain.com srv1

resolv.conf srv1:
domain domain
search domain.com
nameserver 192.168.0.251
nameserver 8.8.8.8

resolv.conf srv2:
nameserver 192.168.0.254
nameserver 8.8.8.8

smb.conf srv1 (just the created by samba-tool with dns forwarder):
[global]
netbios name = SRV1
realm = DOMAIN.COM
workgroup = DOMAIN
dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8

[netlogon]
path = /server/samba/data/var/locks/sysvol/domain.com/scripts
read only = No

[sysvol]
path = /server/samba/data/var/locks/sysvol
read only = No

smb.conf srv1 (same as above plus idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes and binded
interfaces):
# Global parameters
[global]
netbios name = SRV2
realm = DOMAIN.COM
workgroup = DOMAIN
idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8

# Only users interfaces
bind interfaces only = yes
interfaces = eth0 eth0:0

[netlogon]
path = /server/samba/data/var/locks/sysvol/domain.com/scripts
read only = No

[sysvol]
path = /server/samba/data/var/locks/sysvol
read only = No

Greetings!!

>:

> This is how you should do it.
>
> Can you post your /etc/hosts and resolv.conf
> Samba uses?  Bind9_DLZ or Internal DNS ?
> And smb.conf of both servers.
>
> If you use bind, also post the bind config.
>

> Anonimize where needed.
>

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

      Daniel Carrasco Marín
      Ingeniería para la Innovación i2TIC, S.L.
      Tlf:  +34 911 12 32 84 Ext: 223
      www.i2tic.com