[Samba] Multiple DC haven't HA on Windows

Daniel Carrasco d.carrasco at i2tic.com
Wed Sep 27 13:33:48 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to replace a Windows Server 2003 DC that has problems, with a
Samba 4 domain with HA.
The linux client server seems to works fine even when main DC/DNS server
fails, but as always, Windows clients not... They are able to log in (maybe
using cached credentials), but the GPO are not being applied...

I've checked the sysvol folder and both are syncsynchronized and accesible
from the client computers. Also the DNS entries of the domain points to
both servers, and both servers are in Windows DNS configuration.
The secondary DNS server seems to answer to dns request because internet is
working and it's able to resolv domain entries.
The SFMO also points to secondary server that was the main server until I
used the other as main DNS.

How I can make HA for Windows Clients?

Thanks and greetings!

      Daniel Carrasco Marín
      Ingeniería para la Innovación i2TIC, S.L.
      Tlf:  +34 911 12 32 84 Ext: 223
      www.i2tic.com