[Samba] Winbind group membership not updating

Malte zu Klampen malte.zuklampen at ifg.uni-kiel.de
Tue Sep 26 12:50:20 UTC 2017

> I don't think you can work around this, I am fairly sure if you try
> this against a windows server, you would get the same result, unless
> the user logs out, they will still think they are members of the group
> and will get access.
>
> Rowland

...huh. Yes, of course. I was fixated on the *NIX side and didn't think
how Windows behaves in this situation.

Well, I am happy to report that Samba behaves exactly like Windows in
this regard. It still vexes me that I can't find a way to boot users off
a share they shouldn't have access to anymore, but I guess that's less
of a Samba problem and more of a problem best solved with a File Share
Access Compliance Squad convincing people to log off once in a while...