[Samba] problems with samba shares

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Sep 26 09:17:56 UTC 2017

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 10:44:48 +0200
Hans Sachs via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> since last friday (2017-09-22) we have problems with samba shares
> outside user home - at 2017-09-21 works all things fine - and no
> changes at smb.conf or filesystem.
>
> Version: samba-3.6.23-45.el6_9.x86_64
> Linux: Scientific Linux release 6.9 / 2.6.32-696.10.2.el6.x86_64
>
> Problem:
> the users can open the samba share and see all files and directories
> in topmost level, but he can change into a subfolder or better he get
> non error message to open the subfolder, but he can see no content
>
> Hans

Samba 3.6.x is EOL as far as Samba is concerned, it went EOL over 2
years ago.

This shouldn't be causing your problems though and has you say nothing
has changed on your Samba system, this sort of points to the other
direction, has anything changed on the clients ? Did any updates
happen ? If so, this may point in the right direction.

Can you post the smb.conf from the Samba server.

Rowland