[Samba] Winbind group membership not updating

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Sep 25 14:50:30 UTC 2017

Hai,

Now you have overlapping id's.
idmap config *:range =          1000 -  99999

I suggest, leave some room for your "linux users"
Like : idmap config *:range =          2000 -  99999

In addition, also, run : net cache flush
And run :
systemctl stop winbind
sleep 1
systemctl start winbind

Then..  what does :  id Administrator
Tells you now.
And id someOtheruser?

Now please note also, your using 4.5.8 from debian.
I dont know how much winbind fixed they also pickuped from samba but 4.5.8 can be tricky.
I suggest, have a good look at the winbind debian bugs and samba changelog 4.5.9 for example.

You have a few options.
1) Compile samba yourself. ( then i suggest move to 4.6.8 )
2) Use debian buster, but i dont advice that, you may end up with a broken system.
3) Build your own package, which can be hard.
4) Use my packages.  ( 4.5.14 and 4.6.8 for stretch ) (http://apt.van-belle.nl)
You choose. I suggest go for 4.6.8 but if you dont like the config change at this point, use 4.5.14.

Greetz,

Louis