[Samba] Revocation with CRL doesn't work for smartcards

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Sep 22 08:06:30 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-09-22 at 08:56 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 08:01:33 +0200
> Peter L <plings1967 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ah, thank you, obviously this is a bug. Last comment (Ɓukasz Matyja
> > 2016-04-01) says to have a fix, but how do I know if it has been
> > added to bitbucket/samba? And if so, in which version? Or does the
> > problem remain since the bugzilla case is still there? (Status: New)
> >

> Normally a bug gets closed when it is fixed, so as this one is still
> open, I would think it isn't fixed.
>
> You could try upgrading Samba to 4.7.0, though this will probably mean
> compiling it yourself, or you could try Louis's packages, see here:

I don't expect any change here with 4.7.  However, if this is resolved
in a newer Heimdal version then the work Gary is going for a Heimdal
update might help, or at least allow a fix to be incorporated upstream
and then included.  That might fix things for 4.8.

I don't know why the commentator on the bug indicated they had a fix
but didn't post it.

Andrew Bartlett