[Samba] [OT?] VM or Container for an AD DC?

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Tue Sep 19 11:02:24 UTC 2017

I'm starting to deploy my new domain in my organization, setting up the
new domain and DCs.

I'm following the recommendation to create the DCs as ''DC only'', eg
with only samba and a root access for ssh.

Having to choose between VMs and Containers (LXC), there's differences
between them that can involve samba features/performances? Filesystem
limitation?

Seems to me absolutely NO, but in doubt... i'm asking.

Thanks.

PS: Virtualization based on Proxmox, but i think that really doesn't
    care...