[Samba] Mounting samba share from linux fails

Aurélien Aptel aaptel at suse.com
Tue Sep 19 07:26:28 UTC 2017

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 1:33 PM, Dale Schroeder <
> I suspect my old version of cifs-utils doesn't understand that option. Note
> the output says "vers=3.0,ver=1":

I'd suggest looking at a network trace (wireshark).

Assuming it's a SMB version issue:
Sounds like your cifs.ko kernel module doesnt support SMB2+? Try using
vers=2.0 or vers=2.1.

If it's not supported either get a newer kernel or set samba to accept
SMB1 connections again.

--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3