[Samba] Win10 cannot access linux shares

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Sep 18 05:51:12 UTC 2017

Hi,

Am 18.09.2017 um 05:31 schrieb Doug Wyatt via samba:
> When I upgraded from Fedora 22 to Fedora 25 my Win10 box lost the
> ability to connect to shares on the F25 box.  The F25 box can still
> access shares on the Win10 box.
>
> F25 is currently running Samba 4.5.13 and I have a simple workgroup
> setup.  Let's call the Win10 box 'fred' and the F25 box 'ethel'.
>
> Is this the problem, and if so, how can I fix it?

* What was the Samba version you are were updating from? Have you read
the changelogs of the releases between? Things that affects your setup
may have changed.

  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba#The_Update_Process

* Is the Samba user database still stored in the path where the new
Samba version expects it?

* Please let us see your smb.conf.

* What does the log file say, why access is denied. Increase the log
level, if necessary.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Logging_on_a_Samba_Server#Setting_a_Universal_Log_Level

Regards,
Marc