[Samba] File server questions

Flávio Silveira fggs at terra.com.br
Thu Sep 14 16:15:31 UTC 2017

>>> well possibly, but I will rephrase my question, are:
>>>
>>> libpam-winbind libpam-krb5 libnss-winbind
>>>
>>> installed ?
>> Yes sir, all three are installed, should I proceed to editing
>> nsswitch.conf as described on the tutorial?
>>
>>> Rowland
>>>

> Yes, you should now get a result from 'getent passwd ausername'
>
> Rowland

Thanks Rowland, below is the edited /etc/nsswitch.conf:

# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd:         compat winbind
group:          compat winbind
shadow:         compat
gshadow:        files

hosts:          files dns
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

netgroup:       nis

And here is the output of "getent passwd fsilveira":

root at dc1:~# getent passwd fsilveira
fsilveira:x:1001:1001::/home/fsilveira:/sbin/nologin
root at dc1:~#

About the file serving here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_File_Serving

Should I use the "Setting up a share using Windows ACLs" tutorial?