[Samba] Samba Share slow on OpenVPN

Shobhit Agarwal shobhitagarwal02 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 13:00:49 UTC 2017

Hi Rowland/Jon,

When I am trying to upload/download the files without OpenVPN the speed is
coming as around 10 MB/s.

With OpenVPN it gets reduced to less than 1 MB/s.

Below is my smb.conf details

[global]
        workgroup = WORKGROUP
        server string = Samba Server
        dns proxy = no
        max log size = 1000
        netbios name = centos
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        #hosts allow = 127.0.0.0/8 192.168.23.0/26
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
        #min receivefile size = 16384
        #se sendfile = true
        aio read size = 16384
        aio write size = 16384
        aio write behind = true
        max xmit = 65535
        log level = 1
        read raw = yes
        write raw = yes
        oplocks = yes
        deadtime = 15
        getwd cache = yes
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        load printers = no
        printing = bsd
        printcap name = /dev/null
        disable spoolss = yes
        reset on zero vc = yes
        security = user
        unix extensions = no
        wide links = yes

        strict allocate = Yes
        allocation roundup size = 4096
        server signing = no
        strict locking = no
        #socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=131072
SO_SNDBUF=131072
        use sendfile = Yes

[Shared]

        path = /Shared
        browsable = yes
        writable = yes
        guest ok = yes
        read only = no
        force user = nobody

Please help me how to increase the speed and how to test.

Regards,
Shobhit