[Samba] "homes" vs "home"

Shakil Shaikh sshaikh at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 13 08:47:56 UTC 2017

Thank you for the replies. After some more reading I realised that path substitution works in general shares and not just [homes], so something like the following achieves what I'm looking for:

[home]
path = /data/users/%U

This works in 4.2.14 (although I am now looking on how to upgrade Samba too!)

Thanks again,

Shak